Wolseley UK Environmental Policy
Wolseley UK is the trading subsidiary for Wolseley plc’s businesses in the UK. Wolseley UK is the UK's leading distributor of plumbing and heating products to the professional market and a major supplier of building materials. In respect of the environment, we are committed to continuously improving our environmental performance, preventing pollution arising from our activities, products and services, and meeting applicable legal and other requirements.
To ensure this Policy is fully implemented, we are committed to:
- reducing, reusing and recycling materials and resources where possible
- establishing, measuring and reporting our environmental performance through setting objectives/targets in the following areas:
- waste management
- carbon management
- resource efficiency
- environmental management system
- training, awareness and communication
- working in partnership with our suppliers to ensure effective environmental supply chain management and promoting the sustainable sourcing of products and materials
- communicating this Policy to all employees, reviewing it at regular intervals and ensuring that it is publicly available on our website: www.wolseley.co.uk
- integrating environmental considerations into business decisions at all levels throughout the company
All our employees have a personal responsibility to act in an environmentally conscious manner. The following specific environmental responsibilities have been assigned:
- The Managing Director is responsible for ensuring that sufficient resources are available to facilitate the effective implementation and maintenance of this Policy.
- The Wolseley UK Leadership Team are responsible for the environmental compliance and performance of the operating companies and functions for which they are responsible.
- The Regional/ Area Management Teams are responsible for the environmental performance of the Wolseley UK locations within their region/area. They are also responsible for the dissemination of environmental obligations to individual location managers through effective support and communication.
- The Location Managers are responsible for ensuring that activities/operations on their site are implemented in accordance with Company's environmental management system procedures and guidelines.
- All Company employees are responsible for ensuring that their working areas are operating in accordance with Company environmental standards and that they report any environmental issues to their line manager.
Download our Environmental Policy